Websites of Interest
Responses to Globalization
Resistance and Awareness-Raising
- Bigg, T. (2002). The World Summit on Sustainable Development: an assessment. This paper reports on the Johannesburg World Summit, the Global Deal and partnership between North and South.
- Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era (DAWN)
- Fair Trade Federation strengthens and promotes North American organizations fully committed to fair trade.
- GRAIN promotes sustainable management and use of agricultural biodiversity.
- Halifax Initiative Coalition. (2010). Fifteen years is enough - what's changed in the international financial system and its institutions, what hasn't and what needs to. (695K pdf)
- International Campaign to Ban Landmines is a network of over 1400 NGOs in 90 countries.
- International Criminal Court tries persons accused of the most serious crimes of international concern.
- KARAT Coalition advocates for women's human rights and social and economic justice.
- Maquila Solidarity Network (MSN) is a labour and women's rights organization supporting workers in global supply chains.
- Neem Tree Patent Case, Vandana Shiva.
- New Internationalist is a magazine that deals with globalization issues.
- NGOs and the UN, Global Policy Forum.
- Oxfam Fairtrade Site
- Perez, M., Schlesinger, S., & Wise, T. (2008). The promise and perils of agricultural trade liberalization: Lessons from Latin America. Policy Report and Executive Summary available for download in English.
- Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative puts human rights standards at the heart of global governance and policy-making.
- UBUNTU-World Forum of Civil Society Networks
- World Social Forum, brief summary and links.
- World Watch Institute empowers decision makers to create an environmentally sustainable society that meets human needs.